Sunday, December 6, 2009

Next Year

I wonder if he's alone
if he feels the way I'm feeling
I wonder if he stays awake
All the while I'm dreaming

I wonder if it's possible, if we've
Crossed parts and never known
If I knew of him just then
If maybe he looked in my direction

I wonder if he feels me
While he watches the sunrise or winter
I wonder if he breathes and knows
This is what it's like next to her

Does he feel her in the mornings
Before he even knows he's awake
If he craves for the next year
Wondering what's keeping her away

Is he aware of the shatter
That she may not even exist
That we've both living in a unreal world
Strangers in this fortress

-A. Tulsiani

2 comments:

  1. We're so close, and still so far apart Aanchal. We both crave similar things, but I never built a fortress while you built a mighty strong one. May be we should learn from each other - I should erect a few walls, and you should break a few

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are walls around my heart nikhil - not my head . you need to see that :) i function just fine

    ReplyDelete