Saturday, December 5, 2009

For A

I called up today
Not out of the blue
I had to call twice
To get through to you

I knew it wouldn't be easy
We wouldn't make conversation
We never had anything to talk about
Our silences were always comforting

I speak about myself
Because you never speak much
In those 3 minutes
We can catch up on the months

I think of the times
When I thought I could be with you
A step- down from my expectations
I thought I could accept in you

I'd imagine breezy terraces
Over looking a lake
A place magical, far beyond
Nothing I'm used to till date

But with everything unsaid
I knew you'd gotten scared
I knew with that last kiss
Soon my feelings would be dead

I played the right cards
Because it felt good to be apart
Because we have no expectations
No promises, no strong relations

Though I can't escape that strange bond
That I admire but you fear off
I know it's doomed from the beginning
When we were younger atleast it had meaning

I know I'll see you, if you
Come visit my city for a while
Then you'll be gone again
For months out of my life

But what killed me today is
The way you hung up
It's like you'd thrown me out of a life
I was never a part off

-A. Tulsiani

No comments:

Post a Comment