Saturday, December 19, 2009

E and R

Forgetting all that I promised you
Forgetting all that I said
Forgetting the way your fingers feel
Running through my hair

Forgetting late night calls
Forgetting the fights with you
Forgetting all that I let go
I'm forgetting all of you

I forget the first messages
But I have them written somewhere
Forgetting all the good times
Trying to forget why I cared

Stripped off the laughter
From corners of my heart
Drying up tears that followed it
Forgetting all the past

Forgetting the dates the and years
Counting backwards in fear
Forgetting bases and kisses
Forgetting I was here

Ripping off bonds and threads
Reversing every careless caress
Rewinding heart breaking conversations
Until it's all gibberish in my head

Burying toes in white sand
Burying my head the clouds
Drowning black veins off of me
Until it's snowed all around

-A. Tulsiani

No comments:

Post a Comment