Thursday, January 28, 2010

Water's edge

I'm standing at the water's edge
Looking down at my reflection
I see the blurred lines fade away
What made me stay still this way?

I'm moving now, it moves with me
Take a step forward, it invites me
Should I stay? Should I leave?
Should I just soak in and dream?

You frown a little and you wait
You traveled enough - you hesitate
Stretch out your hand? Worry more?
Am I the one you came running for?

My toes run over you bit by bit
If I jump now, that's the end of it
There is no turning back, no stopping this
These scars will forever soak my skin

But I've waited for this a lifetime
And I've waiting in pain for years
I've waited at this water's edge
So why am I so afraid to play my turn?

-A. Tulsiani

2 comments:

  1. OMG.. that was superb.. have u heard d lines by Gulzar.. 'khudkhusi' check it on youtube!

    ReplyDelete