Friday, January 1, 2010

For Dee

Flashback to when we were 5
Both skinny, dirty kneed and naive
We hated each other on even days
Made up faster than a Uno game

You stole my shoes I pulled your hair
We made groups and didn't fight fair
You got soooo mad at the silliest things
"Thats what you said last year about my skin"

Competition was thick, about everything
My handwriting, your hair and birthday gifts
I drew your diagrams and wrote you lyrics
You let me copy in hindi marathi tutions

College was a blast, we grew up
But the mad group drove us nuts
Night train, choco sticks and gravity sucks
When it comes to cuckoo we have all the luck

Then came love rushing in like winter
Steamy coffee, drives and kisses that lingered
I can't remember where we even were
The assholes dominated our whole world

Then I acted like an wounded pride bitch
I let you all go in a simple flick
Thought about you every day I swear
And you beat me to pulp in every nightmare

I'm so glad you pushed best friend to call
In a heartbeat we were where we left off
You came back when I needed you the most
Counting blessings, shimmies and 123 door ghosts

Our conversations have changed since puberty
Now it's spiritual, dreams and more honesty
And you can tell me when I'm being a bitch
If only with food you would experiment

Now we're stuck in this strange boat
Don't know where we're going, no captain, no oar
We've strengthened faith and sold our trust
Careers? Love? Friends? It's all a muck

But we'll catch the wind and it'll be fine
We'll be successful and love will arrive
And you'll have to leave your kids with me
Mommy will just make them a Bollywood queen

When I look back and reminisce
What I find strange is just this
We were best friends with everyone else
But in the end we are all that's left...

A. Tulsiani

4 comments:

  1. Love itttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Sweetest and bestest New Year Present ever...mwahhhhhhhh....love u aanchu

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaawwwwww....that's soooooo sweeet :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey well written.. came across ur blog accidently .

    ReplyDelete